The results are in…there were 104 votes, and a winner was clearly chosen:
- 31 votes – Murphy’s Turtle Soup – (Chap 56) Voyager
- 20 votes – Cock-a-Leekie Soup & Roasted Potatoes – (Chap 32) Dragonfly in Amber
- 19 votes – Mrs. Bug’s Maple Pudding – (Chap 64) A Breath of Snow & Ashes
- 16 votes – Brianna’s Bridies – (Chap 35) Drums of Autumn
- 12 votes – Battle BBQ – Rosamund Lindsay vs Ronnie Sinclair – (Chap 13) The Fiery Cross
- 5 votes – Other
Votes in the other category included:
- Peppery Oyster Stew from Mowbray’s in Voyager
- The scene where Claire attempts to show that tomatoes are not poisonous by having Jamie eat a plate of them in front of other Ridge residents – A Breath of Snow and Ashes (I think?)
- Jem & Germaine get into the Cherry Bounce – A Breath of Snow and Ashes
- Jamie & Claire’s post-nuptial wedding feast in their bedroom – Outlander
- The peacock with a jewel in its eye from one of Louis’s feasts – Dragonfly in Amber
So what do we do now?
Well, it looks like I better go digging for a recipe for the Victorian classic, Mock Turtle Soup, originally inspired by Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.
Other than that, this is the closest thing to an endangered species in my 21st Century kitchen…