Outlander Around the World Contest & Giveaway!
It’s giveaway time again! The perfect kind of blog post for a holiday kind of week. (Here in North America at least.)
I think this one is a lot of fun. Oh, it’s a bit of work — 13 questions in all — but you should be able to answer at least a few of them off the top of your head. And for the rest, there’s Google…(Did you know that you can drag almost any image into the search box on Google Images, and it will tell you what the picture is? BIG HINT.)
And the payoff is worth it! I’ll leave you in suspense and wait until the end to unveil the prize, but I’m pretty sure you’ll be in once you see it. So kick back for 10 minutes, put on your thinking cap, and join me for an Outlander journey around the world…
2. Next is Gisela, who’s chilling on the beach and staring out at the endless Atlantic from the only country in South America to begin with an A. What country is that?
3. Lior and her e-reader took a break from Drums of Autumn recently, stopping on a bench under this world-famous bridge. Name it.
4. This house on the hill is a must see on any Outlander Fan’s tour of Scotland. What is it called?
5. Liz’s Mom is proudly holding a 25th Anniversary Edition of Outlander in front of The Center for the Performing Arts – Home of the Palladium. Can you tell me what city in Indiana she’s in?
6. I have no doubt Lord John would have loved this bird’s eye view of The Houses of Parliament. What city are we looking down upon?
7. Donna has her favourite DG tome with her while doing a little sightseeing. Where is she?
8. Whose bookshelf is this? (Hint: she’s the reason we’re all gathered here today.)
9. Here’s Katie’s right hand and a copy of The Scottish Prisoner hanging out in Fraser, Colorado. What are the exact coordinates (longitude and latitude) for Fraser?
10. Renae is catching a few rays and talking Dragonfly in Amber with a few mates. What country holds the kangaroo as one of its national animals?
11. Almost done! Here we have yours truly, proudly flashing my 25th Anniversary Outlander en route to somewhere. What airport am I in?
12. California Rose is stopped in front of one verra old, verra big tree. What kind of tree is Parson Jones?
13. And last, but certainly not least, we have my wee friend here. I know you’ve met him before — can you tell me his name? (First, middle and last names please…spelling counts.)
Got your answers ready? Cause here’s the prize! An Outlander-themed canvas apron from CafePress! It’s got 2 big pockets and sturdy construction to see you through a lifetime’s worth of barbecues with JAMMF at your heart.
To enter, record your answers, numbered and in order, in the comments below. (Sure, you can copy someone else’s if you NEED to, but are you sure they got all 13 right? It’s not a lucky number, ken?) One entry per person — open to all OK fans worldwide. The contest is open until Sunday, July 8 at 9pm Pacific time.
I will announce the winner on Monday, July 9. The winner will be the first entry chosen (with the help of random number generator) who has answered all 13 questions correctly. Good luck to you all!
*I owe a great number of people a great deal of thanks for making this post possible. Women from all over the world, who took time out of their days to take these photos, only to be told they are excluded from the contest! ;P They’re an O:DD bunch, but they’re best online friends an Outlander fan could have.