Puff Pastry Boar Tusks

Puff Pastry Boar Tusk Bracelets - Outlander on STARZ Episode 114

A gift from one good sister to another...but who originally bestowed these beautiful boar tusk bracelets to Ellen Fraser?

Book readers know -- but it's still a mystery to those of you who are only familiar with TV Outlander -- and I'm not going to tell you...unless you want me to.

starz

Those of you who have been around Outlander Kitchen for awhile will have seen these Puff Pastry Boar Tusks before. The recipe has been up for a couple of years -- and when I saw the bracelets on TV last weekend, I couldn't help but congratulate myself for how much mine look like the real things!

I thought it would be fun to revisit this recipe...these things are delicious! They need few ingredients, and, although a little fiddly, they're pretty easy to put together, especially after the first couple.

kitchen

In fact, I put these together with absolutely no kitchen left at all...

(My new Outlander Kitchen should be installed by the end of next week. Good thing I have cocktails planned for Episode 115 - they don't require a kitchen either.)

prosciutto

puff pastry boar tusks

Show/Hide Comments

Comments

05 May 2015 - 12:48pm

Merry Miller Moon

These are the best! I cannot stop smiling just looking at the picture of them. I'm so making these on Saturday for this week's episode. Thank you Theresa! :)

05 May 2015 - 2:58pm

Paula M

Can't wait to make these. Not only are they creative but they look very tasty.

05 May 2015 - 3:51pm

Mary Morgan

I cannot wait to make these, Teresa. I spilled the beans (hanging head in shame) and told my husband who gave the bracelets to Ellen Fraser. He promptly told me NOT to tell him anymore spoilers. :)

07 May 2015 - 2:58pm

Susan

When I saw them uncooked...they didn't look very appetizing. But wow! They look so yummy now that I've seen them cooked! I love you site and your recipes. Thanks so much!

11 May 2015 - 7:20pm

Camille

Awesome Kylie and Theresa! I am making them this Saturday for an Outlander date with some friends so I will try a Leek!

05 May 2015 - 12:18pm

violet

Very creative!!!

05 May 2015 - 1:37pm

lynne cunningham

Hi Teresa. Heading ur way Sunday. So excited. Hope to find ur kitchen and pop in for a bite and say hi. Please tell me again where ur located. Ol Sista Lynne

Theresa

Not sure where you're going Lynne, but I hope you have a nice trip. :) I live on the west coast of Canada and work out of my home kitchen. I don't have a restaurant. My about page tells the story.

05 May 2015 - 6:25pm

ms.yoshimi

Hi Theresa, the Scotch Broth was a winner and I've always wanted to do these wonderful "bracelets" -- thanks for your creativeness and I know you'll love your kitchen remodel! ms. yoshimi

05 May 2015 - 10:18pm

Jan Anderson

Hey these really DO look like the real ones!! Nice job! I'm sure my viewing party lassies will love them. Last week's dishes were a big hit, especially the chicken. I thought we'd have leftovers, but the gals made plates to bring home so only one lonely wing and one lonely small breast were left....that's from two whole chickens!! So yes...it was a hit! I followed the video for the chicken separating...that was really cool! The fat lines...who knew?! Mahalo plenty :-)

06 May 2015 - 2:50am

Jamie

Theresa these look great! But I have some family members who have an allergy to eggs. Is there anything you know of that I can use to substitute?

Theresa

Brush them with a little milk instead, Jamie.

06 May 2015 - 6:24pm

karen

That was a sweet part to the story. will it be told in the show? Hope so

06 May 2015 - 6:27pm

Camille

These look awesome and we're making them for the next episode. I am vegetarian...any ideas on what to use instead of meat? Maybe no meat at all would be ok?

Theresa

Just trying to think of a veg you could use to wrap the asparagus to the puff...long strips of zucchini?

Kylie Pearson

I was thinking the same thing Camille. Theresa, would thin strips of carrot work? or strings of Leek? Just a thought.

06 May 2015 - 10:08pm

Leslie

Theresa, great suggestion for making these vegetarian and egg free. Not for me, but it will help when I serve them to others. I appreciate your efforts. I really hope the face of the person who gifted the tushes to Ellen is shown when they realize that Claire has them now. Wink, wink.

Theresa

I'm pretty sure I have the scene all worked out in my head. ;)

Add new comment

You might also be interested in