Outlander on Starz Premiere Menu Season 2

Outlander on Starz Premiere Menu Season 2

Outlander on Starz

Welcome back, Outlanders! The wait is almost FINALLY over, and it looks as though we have some luscious viewing ahead of us in season two.

It also looks like everyone with access to Outlander around the world will be watching the episodes on the same weekend, give or take a day, which is a great change over season one (especially if you’re Canadian like me — Showcase is only one day behind the Starz Premiere on April 9, so we will see the Premiere on Sunday, April 10!)

Jamie and Claire Outlander on Starz Premiere MenuThe Frasers have hit Paris, and they’ll spare no expense in their attempts to wheedle their way into the City of Love’s Jacobite circle – full of intrigue, power struggles, and impeccably dressed men, like Charles Stuart, aka the Bonnie Prince: Prince Charles Stuart

(both of these photos from Outlander Brasil on Instagram) murtagh out brasil

I mean, EVEN Murtagh is coiffed and dressed! outlander dinner 2

Outlander Kitchen’s Outlander on Starz Premiere Menu for season 2 is a light affair, a series of small sips and bites easily made ahead of time so that you’ll have time to mingle with your guests, pimping your 18th Century French hostessing skills.

I always tend to focus more on the food for the party, so I don’t have any downloadable decorations, or fancy stuff like that. I had a look online, but my google searches didn’t find anything. Yet. Please let us know in the comments below if you come across some ideas for decorating!

A good bet is to find inspiration in the official photo for season two above: sumptuous table linens, silver serving trays, candelabras and floral centrepieces. (It doesn’t look like I’ve done any of that in the photos below, but I promise to dress things up next week when I present the last item on today’s menu, Fergus’s Iced Cakes.)

For more menu inspiration, check out these FIVE menus I posted for the season one premiere.

imageFirst up is consommé, a traditional start to a formal meal. Crystal clear and rich with flavour, it stimulates diner’s appetites and prepares the palate for the meal to come. Serve it in shot glasses to toast the start of your party and the new season!

I won’t lie – consomme can take some time, as you’ll see when you check out the recipe below, but a little goes a LONG way, and your guests will thank you for this treat while they praise your culinary prowess.

Outlander Kitchen’s recipe for Beef Consomme. (Use the same method to make chicken or turkey consomme, if you prefer.)

Gougeres Outlander on Starz Premiere Menu

Gougères are handheld cheese savories perfectly suited to a cocktail party for a bunch of would-be Jacobites. Serve them plain, as they are in Burgundy, as an accompaniment at wine tastings, or fill them for more hearty fare.

Outlander Kitchen’s recipe for Gougères.steamed mussels in butterThese mussels are based on a recipe taught to me by my very first culinary mentor, Chef Patrice. Meaty morsels swimming in butter that just beg for a crusty French loaf to soak up all the richness. Serve them in their shells, or on top of lightly toasted baguette slices. An easy dish to prepare ahead of time, then pop them under the broiler for 2 minutes when your guests arrive.

Outlander Kitchen’s recipe for Steamed Mussels in Butter.

Fergus's Iced CakesAnd Fergus’s Iced Cakes, aka petit fours, to finish!

HOT CHOCOLATEI will be serving a choice of red and white wine with the food, but during the show, I thought it might be fun to sip from some Dragonfly in Amber themed beverages.

Hot Chocolate, or Chocolat Chaud, has been served in Paris for hundreds of years, and this rich version is beyond delicious, especially when you compare it to a package of powdered instant.

Outlander Kitchen’s recipe for Hot Chocolate with La Dame Blanche.

zesper-

Another choice is this dressed up gin and tonic. Inspired by the Comte, this tasty cocktail is mixed with St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur.

Outlander Kitchen’s Recipe for The Comte St. Germain’s Poison.

With that, I say Slainté and Ith do leòr! (Eat Plenty)…and enjoy the show!

1. Carol
    March 28, 2016 at 5:07 am

Elegant presentation

2. Jan A
    March 28, 2016 at 5:35 am

Wow!!! This menu looks amazing!!! The lassies are going to love it! Thanks for always being such an inspiration and for entertaining us all as well! x

3. Joycce Johnston
    March 28, 2016 at 5:56 am

Bon Appetit

4. Jody
    March 28, 2016 at 6:04 am

Wonderful. Thank you for these fantastic choices

5. Irene Jankowski
    March 28, 2016 at 6:27 am

Amazing fare! May try a few & let you know how well they were received. Thank you for generously sharing these recipes.

6. Alylene
    March 28, 2016 at 6:43 am

What a beautiful menu. I can’t wait for the show and to try these recipes.

7. robin
    March 28, 2016 at 6:48 am

This is a fabulous menu! I can’t get fresh mussels here – but I am ready to tackle the rest of the meal! Thanks for the ideas and the recipes!

8. Bullrem
    March 28, 2016 at 7:38 am

the Lyon College (Batesville, Ar) Scottish Festival is that same weekend. I am inviting lasses from Ozark Outlanders to attend and then come to my home (Newport – 30 miles away) for supper and watch the premier. I hope some will accept… It will be a great full day. Thanks Theresa for this menu suggestion. Helen in Ar.

9. Sassenach Doctor
    March 28, 2016 at 7:46 am

Yum! Thank you! I definitely plan to expand our Outlander viewing menu this season. Last season, whisky and Fiona’s Ginger-Nut Biscuits were a mainstay but need to try some French fare this time around! Really looking forward to your book coming out soon!

10. LauraJ
    March 28, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful menu. A quick question though. Do you have a suggestion for replacing the mussels? I have a seafood allergy. 😕

March 29, 2016 at 5:49 am

The butter is also wonderful on steak. Or fish? Salmon, snapper, sole, etc

11. Michelle
    March 29, 2016 at 10:31 am

Thank you Theresa! Your recipes are a tradition at our Outlander viewing parties. Viva la France!

12. Sheri Young
    March 30, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I’m so excited! I’ve had my menu planned for weeks, all of it culled from your blog posts, of course. Im just doing nibblies (3 savory/3 sweet), but quite a few are the same choices you’ve listed here! I’ll tweet pics and tag you if you’re interested! (BTW-can’t wait to get my get my hands on your cookbook!)

March 30, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I’d love to see them!

13. Susan McNaughton
    March 31, 2016 at 1:06 am

Great ideas, as always Theresa. We are so excited to see the Edinburgh parts of the tale, as always!

14. S.A. Young
    April 11, 2016 at 8:13 am

As promised, I have pics (with links back to your blog/recipes)! I hope I did you justice!

15. MacTamz
    April 14, 2016 at 2:29 am

Hi Theresa, I have been addicted to your website for a few years now and have made quite a few of your recipes for my Outlandish Addict friends on our viewing nights. They are all amazing and I so enjoy the excerpts you include with each one. Thank you for this wonderful menu. I made the whole thing and it was the icing on the cake for my lassies and I on Sunday night after Droughtlander! We absolutely loved everything! Can hardly wait for your cookbook! Thanks again, your efforts are very appreciated!!!

April 15, 2016 at 5:22 am

What a wonderful comment to wake up to! I’m glad everyone enjoyed it all!