I am thrilled to announce the release of my new cookbook, Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook, inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s NY Times best-selling series Outlander. Published by Delacorte Books of the Random House Group, Outlander Kitchen is available online and in bookstores across North America.
- Barnes & Noble
- Signed copies of Outlander Kitchen from my local books from my local bookstore, Talisman Books & Gallery on Pender Island.
- DOUBLE signed copies of Outlander Kitchen (signed by both Diana Gabaldon and myself) from Diana’s local bookstore, The Poisoned Pen, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
When they open the cover, readers and cooks embark on a culinary journey through 100+ authentic historical receipts, modern interpretations and creative, character-inspired dishes from Outlander through A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Tested, doable and delicious recipes sit nestled between pages rich with Outlander excerpts and atmospheric, mouth-watering photos, making Outlander Kitchen as at home on the kitchen counter as it is balanced on a fan’s lap in a quiet, candlelit corner as they flip through page after page to bring Outlander to life here in the 21st Century.
From Claire’s first lonely, bewildering bowl of Mrs. Fitzgibbon’s Porridge in Castle Leoch, through a Roast Beef for a Wedding Feast after her hasty marriage to Highlander James Fraser, to a comforting batch of Mrs. Bug’s Buttermilk Drop Biscuits at their home on Fraser’s Ridge in North Carolina over 25 years and two trips through the stones later, Outlander Kitchen gives fans of the books and television series a bird’s eye view of food through the centuries, while updating recipes for today’s modern kitchens, cramped schedules and progressive palates.
50+ brand new recipes:
- Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup
- Peppery Oyster Stew
- Lord John’s Upside Down Plum Cake
- Banoffee Trifle at River Run
- Spaghetti and Meatballs with the Randalls
Dozens of blog favourites:
- Roast Beef for a Wedding Feast
- Brianna’s Bridies
- Scotch Eggs
- Mrs. Bug’s Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Atholl Brose for the Bonnie Prince