Claire’s Roasted Chicken and Fergus’s Tatties for Outlander Season 3 Premiere

Claire’s Roasted Chicken and Fergus’s Tatties for Outlander Season 3 Premiere

Voyager

Helloooo Outlanders! Well, Droughtlander is over, and I know most of us have been warming up for the Outlander Season 3 Premiere this Sunday by watching the trailers, promos, and interviews from Starz that have been filling our social media feeds for the last couple of weeks.

Are you ready?

I know I’m a little late with this menu for the premiere, but I promise to be more timely with the rest of Outlander Kitchen’s featured dishes for every episode of Season 3.

To start us off, I thought a delicious, family-style meal combining Claire’s 20th C Roasted Chicken with Fergus’s 18th C Tatties, fresh from the fields of Lallybroch, would set the tone for the first episode of the season.

These two recipes are exclusive to my cookbook, Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook. You won’t find them here on the blog, but we’ve designed this recipe card for you to print out and cook along with the show.

And now, without further ado…Tulach Ard!

Outlander Kitchen Recipe Card

1. Judy
    September 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Hi Theresa, thanks for the recommendation. I just found it today. My friends and I had already chosen to make the Bangers & Mash with crockpot onion Gravy (easy!). We’ll try this menu another time.
    Question, I know I signed up for your newsletter (4 times/year?), but last one in my email was last fall. Are you still sending this out –or have you been overwhelmed with the cookbook, ETC? I have really enjoyed cooking your recipes and reading your methodologies :).

September 21, 2017 at 11:03 am

Judy, I haven’t sent a newsletter since last fall. I’m just getting caught back up after taking a few months off. Watch for one in the coming months!

• Judy
      September 25, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Thanks Theresa! I’ll look forward to the newsletter whenever it finds my inbox. The bangers and mash were a hit at the season premiere! That onion gravy is terrific all six of us gobbled it up (even when I had to finish it before my onions were golden–maybe the altitude here (5,000’+)? 5 hours wasn’t enough).
      I made both the Ginger Nut Biscuits and Claire’s Maple cookies (I know not full titles! 🙂 ) for yesterday/last night. Both were huge hits. I am just curious why they are called Ginger *Nut* Biscuits when there are not any nuts in them? My friend who is paying for Starz so we can all watch this season is named Ginger & especially loved them. They are so quick and easy to make!! Do you ever add more than 1/2 tsp black pepper to the molasses cookies? P.S. I went to local B&N to get a copy of your cookbook (especially as that’s only source for some of the recipes now 🙂 ) –they were sold out (no surprise!) I hope to get mine soon!

September 26, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Glad you’re enjoying Outlander Kitchen recipes! “Ginger-nut” is an older English phrase used to describe fresh ginger. It’s rather knotty and knobbly, so I assume they thought it looked like a nut?

2. trish
    September 12, 2017 at 11:20 am

so what’s for episode 2? since I didn’t get this quite on time our dinner consisted of cockaleekie soup, scotch eggs, neeps and tatties, and sausage rolls , oh and tipsy laird for later washed down with a dram or 2

3. Emily D.
    September 15, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Yayyy! I’m so glad you’re back! I’ve missed you almost as much as the show!

4. Tabby Worthington
    September 22, 2017 at 8:50 am

Eagerly awaiting more episode companion menus!