Roast Beef for a Wedding Feast inspired by Outlander

Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook is on sale!

I am thrilled to announce the release of my new cookbook, Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook, inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s NY Times best-selling series Outlander. Published by Delacorte Books of the Random House Group, Outlander Kitchen is available online and in bookstores across North America.

Order online:

When they open the cover, readers and cooks embark on a culinary journey through 100+ authentic historical receipts, modern interpretations and creative, character-inspired dishes from Outlander through A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Tested, doable and delicious recipes sit nestled between pages rich with Outlander excerpts and atmospheric, mouth-watering photos, making Outlander Kitchen as at home on the kitchen counter as it is balanced on a fan’s lap in a quiet, candlelit corner as they flip through page after page to bring Outlander to life here in the 21st Century.

From Claire’s first lonely, bewildering bowl of Mrs. Fitzgibbon’s Porridge in Castle Leoch, through a Roast Beef for a Wedding Feast after her hasty marriage to Highlander James Fraser, to a comforting batch of Mrs. Bug’s Buttermilk Drop Biscuits at their home on Fraser’s Ridge in North Carolina over 25 years and two trips through the stones later, Outlander Kitchen gives fans of the books and television series a bird’s eye view of food through the centuries, while updating recipes for today’s modern kitchens, cramped schedules and progressive palates.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

50+ brand new recipes:

• Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup
  • Peppery Oyster Stew
  • Lord John’s Upside Down Plum Cake
  • Banoffee Trifle at River Run
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs with the Randalls

Dozens of blog favourites:

• Roast Beef for a Wedding Feast
  • Brianna’s Bridies
  • Scotch Eggs
  • Mrs. Bug’s Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
  • Atholl Brose for the Bonnie Prince
Show/Hide Comments

Comments

09 Jul 2016 - 3:27am

Christine C

Congrats! Been reading for about 5 years; glad to see all your successes. FYI, you are on Buzzfeed today! (https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson/ready-for-a-sassesnack?utm_term=.vmNNBOLq3B#.lfBWL9AplL)

15 Jun 2016 - 8:59pm

ms.yoshimi

I'm expecting my pre ordered cook book by Friday -- can't wait! Theresa, well done, proud of you, girl!

15 Jun 2016 - 9:00pm

Danie Turner

I received my copy via Amazon.com yesterday and it is WONDERFUL! I only wish I possessed the adequate writing skills to give it a proper review, so I'll just have to say WELL DONE! It will be used in my household. It is a must have!

15 Jun 2016 - 9:04pm

robin haynes

I can't wait! I should have mine tomorrow - Congratulations!!

15 Jun 2016 - 9:18pm

Jayne Harbour

I just got mine and I am sitting at local coffee shop looking at it. What shall I make next? Verra well done!

15 Jun 2016 - 9:48pm

Anne

I can't wait to see it! I'm so looking forward to the event with the poisoned pen!

15 Jun 2016 - 10:03pm

Petra

I ordered mine today from the poison pen. I can't wait to see what I can make gluten free. Super excited.

15 Jun 2016 - 10:04pm

Deb Black

Wanted to give you an FYI.... I pre-ordered when you first told us we could...I did it from Amazon....they don't plan on shipping until the 20th .....pretty strange ...and sad.

15 Jun 2016 - 10:32pm

Ivy Blum

Congratulations on a wonderful book! Verra well done, lass! Bought my ebook, will order signed copy hard book next week. Enjoy the attention, you deserve it!

15 Jun 2016 - 11:24pm

Adina

Hi Teresa, Congratulations!!! We have been waiting excitedly for your announcement the book is ready, so when I saw your email I immediately jumped on to Amazon and ordered my book, which I will have by Friday. I am sorry Deb Black pre-ordered and was told she had to wait until the 20th. She is right, that is pretty strange. She should try contacting Amazon to see if she can get hers Friday also. I have had great success with their customer service in the past.

15 Jun 2016 - 11:30pm

penjab

I got mine today! Looking forward to reading it!

16 Jun 2016 - 12:06am

cathy

mine was delivered yesterday and i am loving it. Not only the recipes but all the parts from the books are a great addition. A must have for all Outlander fans. Did i tell you my Scottish Golf tournament with Scottish food went great. After I read most of the cookbook i will get to do some great cooking. . Amazon was fast with the delivery as i did pre order it. Today the price went up.

16 Jun 2016 - 12:11am

Steph Taylor

I pre-ordered from Amazon and it arrive as advertised, June 14th. Maybe they are overwhelmed with orders! I had so much fun paging through and remembering the receipts and the moments. Bravo!

16 Jun 2016 - 12:33am

Katherine

It is absolutely perfect. I was up into the wee hours of morning reading in rapture.

16 Jun 2016 - 12:45am

Barbara Randall

Mine arrived today. Can't wait to have cup of tea and break the cover.

16 Jun 2016 - 1:19am

Colleen

Got my cookbook yesterday. It's beautiful! I'm excited and can't wait to try out some new and old recipes. I will try a new batch of cherry bounce this summer.

16 Jun 2016 - 3:48am

Kasandra Ireland

I received my copy today. I already love it! I'm so excited to try some of the recipes, I'm planning to use them in a few upcoming dinner parties (if I can wrestle it away from my roommate long enough! Lol!) . This looks to become my favorite cookbook. Great job, Theresa!

16 Jun 2016 - 10:03am

Michele M

I already made the oatmeal scones and they were melt in your mouth delicious.

16 Jun 2016 - 7:21pm

Michelle

Just received my cookbook and it is wonderful! Just lovely and yumm!

16 Jun 2016 - 10:20pm

BonnyJean Burns

Yea, received my book June 14,2016! So excited to try out my first recipe when I go to the store and do my weekly shopping. this weekend.

17 Jun 2016 - 8:31pm

Deb

I'm looking forward to trying out Murtagh's Gift for our Outlander finale party!

18 Jun 2016 - 12:21am

Margaret

Congratulations! The bridies are awesome. Excited to try other recipes!

24 Jun 2016 - 9:25pm

suzanne sexton

Bought mine today thanks to the refund i got from Barnes and Noble lawsuit. Time to get cooking.

05 Jul 2016 - 4:33pm

Amy

Dear Theresa, The cookbook is lovely! I was thrilled to have it waiting for me when I retu ed from a trip this mo ing, and opened it before unpacking the car. It is a wonderful array of recipes, photographs, tips and cooking wisdom, and shows great care and thought in its arrangement and presentation. It's all the more special for your autograph and Diana's. I'm making my grocery list and will enjoy something scrumptious from it for supper. Thank you, Amy

Theresa

Thank you so much, Amy! I'm thrilled you love the book.

Add new comment

You might also be interested in